Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Linden Invite

     A few days ago, our cross country team was at the Linden Invite.  Our Junior High team did very well.  Four people on the team got meddles, I being one of them. 

    At the end of the race, I thought I was going to faint!  The only thing that kept me going was what the coach of the Heartland team had told his people.  Right before the race, our team was praying together and after we finished praying, we heard the other team's coach say this:  "There are twenty meddles!  I expect at least half of them!  You hear me!? Half of them!"  And from then on, I made it my goal not to let one Heartland person finish before me. In the last half mile, I finally past the last of the Heartland team!  I didn't let one of them beat me!  Another person on our team, was the fist girl to come in and even though she finished a couple places behind me, she only let two Heartland people come in before her!

    Over all, I would say that our team had a victory at this race.

Our team

No comments: