Saturday, September 17, 2011

If people just thought that way about me.


Behold, here I am: witness against me before the LORD,
and before his anointed: whose ox have I taken?
or whose ass have I taken? or whom have I defrauded?
whom have I oppressed? or of whose hand have
I received any bribe to blind mine eyes therewith?
and I will restore it you.
1 Samuel 12:3


    Now it takes a lot of  courage to say something like that!  But when Samuel said this, he was old and he thought it was better to say sorry and return what he had taken, then to be held accountable for it on judgement day.  Here's what they said in return:

And they said, Thou hast not defrauded us,
 nor oppressed us, neither hast thou taken
ought of any man's hand.

1 Samuel 12:4

    Wouldn't be great if people thought that way about you!  I know I would like it.  The problem is, that they don't.  I think that the reason they answered this way, was because he had just won a battle for them the night before.  I think some people really thought way, but I am almost sure that the night before, at least one person out of all forty-thousand people that fought in that war, could have named something against him.  The reason why I think this, is because Samuel isn't God and the Bible says: All men have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Romans 6:23.   They even said bad things about God who is perfect! 

     Even though we can't accomplish this, we should make it our goal to have people think this way
about us.  We could wittiness so much more effectively if everybody thought of us this way.



No comments: